Make-up has been around since the ancient Egyptians, where as well as wearing it for cosmetic reasons, they used it for health and protection. In those times, both men and women used natural things to colour their skin.
- Kohl – which was either lead sulphide, amorphous carbon or organic charcoal for an eyeliner, or a green mineral powder called malachite for make-up on the eyes.
- Red ochre – to stain the lips and nails.
- Henna – to stain the fingertips and toes.
These days, many women apply make-up; some to enhance their features, or to look and feel more glamorous, others wear it to cover up their imperfections. Applying make-up might be difficult if you’re short-sighted or you might just want to have more time in your day.
It takes a lot of training, skill and practise for a beauty technician to produce the best results, as applying permanent and semi-permanent cosmetics is a highly skilled craft. Everyone has unique facial features, face structure and skin tone, which can influence the treatment in different ways.
Benefits for eyebrows
- No more spending hours making sure they look symmetrical.
- You won’t worry about your make-up running when you’re in the pool or the gym.
- No more worrying over which colours match your skin tone.
- You won’t have to worry about over plucking your eyebrows.
There are many reasons the eyebrows might need enhancing; over plucking, naturally thin or fair, or they might be sparse because of medical reasons. A new set of eyebrows can easily be created to rectify thinning eyebrows or just a few hair strokes can easily be added to fill in any gaps. The eyebrows are very important as they frame your face, and they can add instant lift, shape and contour. Brows treated with semi-permanent make-up tend to look darker in colour straight after the first treatment, but after time it’ll become lighter.
Benefits for eyeliner
- A choice of subtle enhancement or a more noticeable eyeliner.
- Create definition to make your eyes stand out.
- Enhance the natural shape of your eyes.
- You won’t have to worry about smudged eyeliner.
- Achieve a symmetrical looking eyeliner.
Eyeliner can open up the eyes, and a soft line above or below the eye might make the eyelashes look darker and thicker. Eyeliner comes in many colours and can give the eyes shape and definition, and you can have anything from a soft, natural looking enhancement, a dramatic smoky effect, or a thicker defined line.
Benefits for lips
- Get back your youthful lip shape
- Enhance and define your lips
- Spend less time reapplying lipstick after drinking and eating.
- Keep up your favourite colour and shade.
- Make your lips look thicker and fuller by creating symmetry.
Trying to achieve beautifully shaped full lips with a lip liner and lipstick can sometimes be a challenge. It’s time-consuming with constant re-applications throughout the day. Everyone wants lovely looking lips with a healthy blush of colour. Semi-permanent lip liner means no smeared lipstick on your teeth, or colour bleeding into the lip lines.
Semi-permanent make-up is subtle and natural looking and doesn’t wash away, smudge or disappear. The colour can last for many years but the vibrancy will begin to fade over time. The make-up pigment stays in the dermis, but it’s also influenced by several things, including skin tones, environmental factors and sun exposure. The amount and the colour of pigment applied, can affect how long semi-permanent make-up looks its best on the skin. Natural subtle applications are more likely to need a touch-up before more the darker dramatic ones.
Originally posted 2021-05-18 11:34:33.